Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion

Don Tilamn is not your average professor, well maybe he is your average genetics professor, I don't know many of them.  He has decided that it's time to find a wife.  Of course, that means he originated the Wife Project which includes a 16 page survey for women to take.  This will save him time, and eliminate awkward dating situations.  Then Rosie walks in his office door and changes everything.  Totally  unsuitable, Rosie and her Father Project have Don doing things he would NEVER do.

I couldn't put The Rosie Project down. A fast fun read, I was surprised by Professor Tilman's narrative, the fact that he was at once weird and appealing was fascinating to me.  I really spent most of the book rooting for him to figure it all out.  A second book was hinted at, and I would definitely pick it up.

Because it is an adult novel, The Rosie Project has some blunt presentation of adult themes and situations; usually in Don's frank and scientific thinking, but some may find the subject matters too liberal for young adult readers.

Originally Published 11/3/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment